Our mission is to complete families through a thoughtful and thorough adoption process.
To ensure every animal is placed in a forever home, GHHS begins this process with a detailed adoption application. Each interested, potential adopter will fill out the application attached to the animal of interest. To be considered for adoption:
- Adopters must be at least 19 years old.
- If you rent, you must have permission from your landlord and pet fees must be paid in advance.
- If adopting into a family, we require all members of the family to be in agreement about adopting. For families that already include another dog, we typically require a meet and greet; this may be hosted on the GHHS property, or at the potential adopter's home.
- Some animals may require a home inspection.
- Verification of current pet(s) vaccine/vet records.
Meeting these guidelines is not a guarantee that your application will be accepted. GHHS reserves the right to adopt only to qualified homes based upon our shelter guidelines. Each adoption is considered on a first-come, first-qualified basis once the animal is available for adoption. Exceptions may be made for potential adopters.
Adoption Fee for Aaron Judge(AJ): $150.00
The adoption fee covers: spay/neuter surgery (legally required), current vaccines and boosters, a microchip with a lifetime registration, along with flea & tick preventative and heartworm preventative until time of adoption. In addition, each animal will be sent home with a small bag of food to help transition them to their new diet.
Safety note: All dogs must leave wearing a leash and collar, cats must leave in a carrier. You may bring these items with you or purchase them at GHHS. Dog leashes/collars are available for purchase, $2 and up. Cat carriers (cardboard) are available for $5.