|Position||Animal Care Technician|
|Reports to||Director of Animal Care, Animal Care Lead|
|Job Classification||Full time, Hourly|
|Pay Range||Starts at $8.00|
Position Summary: The full-time Animal Care Technician will care for the animals, clean the kennels, and maintain a high level of cleanliness and animal welfare. Excellent animal and customer service skills are essential for this job.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the facility, coordinates with the Animal Care Lead, other Animal Care Technicians, and volunteers on daily cleaning duties (sweeping, mopping, trash cans, restocking, etc.)
- Care for dogs, cats, and any exotic animals in shelter care
- Clean kennels and animal areas on a daily basis and throughout the day
- Enriches pets in our care daily with socialization and exercise
- Communicates with the Clinic Manager about the health of the pets in our care and relays information to the other animal care staff; administer medications to animals as requested
- Directs and maintains safety standards by following proper guidelines to protect the staff, volunteers and the animals in our care
- Keeps Animal Care Lead updated on the temperament changes of pets in our care
- Interact with the public including tours of the facility, answering phones, and completing adoptions
- Adoption Counselor: completes adoption interview and paperwork with potential adopters
- Help educate the public, volunteers, and adopters on our mission, animal welfare, and initiatives such as heartworm prevention, dangers of lack of vaccination, spay/neuter, etc.
- Other duties as requested; weekend and holiday work will be required
- High School or GED, college and animal related studies a plus.
- At least 1 year customer service, positive personality and excellent customer service skills,
- Animal handling experience is a bonus, ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Customer service is a plus for this position.
- Good driving record and ability to drive a large van for animal drop-offs.