• Provide customer service to all GHHS visitors and callers.
• Answer phones, taking/relaying “live” or voicemail recorded messages to appropriate staff.
• Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the lobby, front porch, and guest restroom.
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the facility, coordinates with the Animal Care Lead, other Animal Care Technicians, and supervises volunteers on daily cleaning duties (sweeping, mopping, trash cans, restocking, etc.)
• Cares for and enriches dogs, cats, and any exotic animals in shelter care daily with
socialization and exercise.
• Directs and maintains safety standards by following proper guidelines to protect the staff, volunteers and the animals in our care
• Keeps Animal Care Lead updated on the temperament changes of pets in our care
• Interact with the public including tours of the facility, answering phones, and completing adoptions
• Adoption Counselor: completes adoption interview and paperwork with potential
• Oversee for maintenance of GHHS landscaping.
• Communicates regularly with the Volunteer Coordinator about the status and progress of the volunteers and related issues.